Job Location: Bettendorf, Iowa
Reports To: Vice President/Plant Superintendent
Position Type and Hours: Full Time
The Production Controller is responsible for overseeing daily manufacturing operations, CNC programming, and machine setups. Specifically, this position is responsible for reviewing and executing the building plan while providing leadership to the production team. This role includes preparing setups, as well as making suggestions for upcoming setups and production. The Production Controller is responsible for efficient, robust setups and production processes.
- Effective Communication: Ability to tailor messages to the necessary audience and communicate effectively to all roles within the Company. Proactively communicates planning, scheduling, and production concerns.
- Collaboration and Planning: Assists in the planning of production schedules and manages those to ensure 100% on-time delivery. Interacts with production team on project status and/or issues. Collaborates to drive optimal productivity. Ensures performance plans are set and machines are prepared and maintained at a minimum of 80% efficiency.
- Leadership: Identifies, leads, and coordinates activities of the production team. Inspires production team to achieve desired results. Provides training, mentoring, accountability, and motivation to the production team. Stays up to date with technology. Monitors equipment operation to maximize utilization and plan work assignments.
- Continuous Improvement: Identifies opportunities for process improvement and cost reduction in the Company’s processes. Generates creative solutions for identified improvements in processes. Leads successful implementation of identified process improvements.
- Other Duties: Other assignments and projects may be added at the organization’s discretion.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education and Experience
- B.A. in Business field or 10+ years experience in a machining environment
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing
- Knowledge of CNC mills and lathes
- Knowledge of CAD, CAM, ERP (Mastercam/GibbsCam/Solid Works preferred)
- Proven ability to meet productivity, on-time delivery, and quality objectives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Responsibilities occasionally may require irregular hours as deemed necessary. This may include an adjusted work schedule, long days, and early morning or late evening hours in order to meet customer needs and meeting scheduling demands.
- This work requires the ability to run machines and parts. This position is active and requires standing, walking, bending, and kneeling through the day to provide the ability to interact with the machines. Employee must be able to lift or move items up to 60 lbs.
- Learns and adheres to required safety standards and practices.
- The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements as individuals may perform other duties as assigned.