Job Location: Bettendorf, Iowa
Reports To: Quality Manager
Position Type and Hours: Full Time
The Quality Technician is responsible for inspecting incoming raw materials, machined parts, ground parts, welded parts, and assemblies. The Quality Technician uses and maintains various inspection fixtures, gauges, and measuring devices to ensure accurate measurements are completed. This role also assists in the maintenance and calibration of the inspection equipment.
- Effective Communication: Tailors verbal and written messages to the appropriate audience. Communicates findings related to inspection process in positive and respectful manner. Completes documentation to ensure compliance with ISO 9001:2015 and prepares required documents to record the measurement results.
- Collaboration: Works well with various levels of plant leadership and vendors in daily tasks, product troubleshooting, team projects, and other tasks, as needed. Provides technical assistance and troubleshooting for quality related issues and other areas as necessary.
- Technical Skills: Conducts first piece inspection to assure process is correct before production run begins. Performs in-process inspection of machined parts as required to assure adherence to specifications and procedures. Conducts final inspection of finished product to confirm all operations have been completed to customer specification and assure that all required certifications and other documentation are in place for shipment.
- Strategic Thinking: Thinks critically to respond efficiently and effectively to the fast paced demands within the Company’s daily operations. Devises a plans of action and assesses those plans regularly. Evaluates work environment and anticipates short term and long term problems.
- Continuous Improvement: Identifies opportunities for process improvement and cost reduction in the Company’s processes. Generates creative solutions for identified improvements in processes.
- Other Duties: Other assignments and projects may be added at the organization’s discretion.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education and Experience
- Associate of Science (A.S.) degree or 2 year experience in Quality Assurance field
- Certifications in Equipment Calibration, or other technical training related to Quality Assurance
- Experience in a Lean manufacturing environment
- Advanced Math skills
- Ability to read prints and interpret geometric tolerance and dimensions
- Ability to use micrometers, mics, bore gauges, height stand, etc.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office , CMM Manager, QT9, and ERP
- Experience with AQE, CMM, and Romer arm are helpful but not necessary
- Responsibilities occasionally may require irregular hours as deemed necessary. This may include an adjusted work schedule, long days, and early morning or late evening hours in order to meet client wellness and meeting scheduling demands.
- Learns and adheres to required safety standards and practices.
- This position is active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, pushing, climbing, and pulling throughout the day. Employee must be able to lift or move items up to 70 lbs.
- The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required, and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements as individuals may perform other duties as assigned.